Saturday, September 12, 2009

"Dispatch, I have a 10-100"

Anytime you go on the scene of a car accident you never know what you're going to find. Sometimes they're not as serious as you thought and other times they're 10-times worse than what you thought.

There are many things going on at an accident no matter the seriousness. From what I can tell the primary purpose when coppers and firefighters roll on scene is the safety of the victims. Second is getting traffic running smoothly again. That sometimes is a challenge as we all well know. How many of you have sat in traffic for hours then later creep by a vehicle that's rolled over into a ditch? Raise of hands?

Anyway, this was a head-on collision. Four people went to the hospital. No life threatening injuries. And it took about 45 minutes to get the accidents all cleared up. Maybe a little longer. Anyway, I was waiting for the officer on scene to give me the scoop.

After I got in his face a few times he promptly said he would be with me in a minute as did a speed-walk over to his squad car. When he pulled the handled and it didn't open he was about as shocked as I was. What copper locks his keys in his car?

It was rather funny to watch him struggle that second and half with the door. I guess that makes me a bad human-being.

He then went to his trunk and got out a tool that would help him jimmy his door open. Ah, the convenience of being a cop.

Well, after he took care of his "10-100" or "personal problem" he gave me scoop. We both pretended like the incident never happened.

I've seen a lot of things in this world but now I can say I've seen a copper jimmy his door. And let me tell you, it was hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty darn funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what is more funny, that Tiffany calls police officers "coppers" or the "raise of hands" part...

    ReplyDelete